Inquiry into Language
The SK's practiced the sound and formation of the blend sound oy. The SK's brainstormed words that have the oy blend sound and practiced printing in their booklets. The students also worked on a cutting and pasting activity, which they had to classify oy and oi words and match them with the correct pictures.
Here is the link to Mlle. Hou's blog: http://mllehousja.blogspot.ca/
Here is a link to Ms. Yustin's blog :http://sjaayustin.blogspot.com/
We continued our unit on Seasons and Feelings (Spring). Today the students listened to a read a loud titled The Very Hungry Caterpillar. The students had to focus on remember the sequence of the story and we worked together to write simple sentences to retell the important events.
The students were engaged in Literacy Centers with partners. and Reading Buddies with the grade 4 students.
The SK's continued our unit in Measurement. The students worked with partners with an I Spy game, where they had to look for the corresponding pictures that matched the activity sheet. The SK's had to count and record how many snap cube units each picture showed.
- April 18th-Ester Spirit Day (Students may come to school dressed in pastel colours or anything with an Easter bunny or egg)
- April 19th-Good Friday (School CLOSED)
- April 22nd-Easter Monday (School CLOSED)
- April 23rd-Earth Day (students are to dress in green and blue).
- April 24th-Casual Day
- April 30th-April Spelling Test
- May 7th-Arts Night
- May 10th-Measurement Math Test