Inquiry into Language
The SK's practiced the sound and formation of the blend sound ure. The SK's practiced reading ure words on the board and discussing the meaning of each word. The students worked on printing ure words and placing them in alphabetical order with an activity sheet.
Here is the link to Mlle. Hou's blog: http://mllehousja.blogspot.ca/
Here is a link to Ms. Yustin's blog :http://sjaayustin.blogspot.com/
We continued our UOI on Community Helpers! The students listened to a book about construction workers. We discussed what responsibilities they have, how they help in the community and what tools and uniforms they wear and use. The SK's worked on sentence writing and created paper doll construction workers of themselves.
The students were engaged in Literacy Centers with partners today.
The SK's continued learning about Canadian money (coins). Today the students learned more about the quarter. The students were taught how to spell quarter, the value and the images that differentiate it from other coins. The students role played shopping at a farmers market using the pretend quarters and food, they had to purchase food depending on the price using the money they had.
- March 27th & 28th-Bake Sale
- March 28th-Spring Fundraiser forms due
- March 29th- Spelling test & Report Cards sent home
- April 1st-5th-spring Fundraiser
- April 2nd-Autism Awareness Day (please bring in $2 and wear a blue shirt if you would like to support the cause).
- April 3rd-In class Spelling Bee
- April 4th-5th-Summative written in class
- April 5th-Fire Fighter and truck visit
- April 11th & 12th-Career Day (Summative Presentations)
- April 12th-Money Math Test